The goal of this rotation is introduction and exposure to the prehospital care world. It is an observation-based rotation with no direct patient contact.
Components may include:
- EMS-ride outs with Middlesex London Paramedic Service (land ambulance)
- Please note that these ride outs are observation only and there will be no direct care/contact
- Ambulance Dispatch observational experience at the Central Ambulance Communications Centre
- ORNGE “Doc-in-the-Box” shift shadowing an ORNGE Medical Director on-duty
- Attendance of any relevant SWORBHP meetings or education sessions
The components of the rotation will depend on available activities at the time of the elective. There may be opportunity for more involvement in other areas and activities within the prehospital world beyond what is listed above. The rotation can be tailored to meet the goals of each individual trainee.